Sweet PQ?'s Note:
Here's an oldie from my collection. I use this when I make veggie lasagna, but I am sure it can be used as a pasta sauce. Easy to make. You can make the sauce richer by subbing whole milk, or by using cream or evaporated milk for part of the skim milk. Sometimes I melt a tablespoon of butter and make a roux with the flour before adding my liquid. Very versatile sauce. Note: Prep time does not include time for spinach to defrost.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure flour into saucepan. Slowly whisk in milk to avoid lumps.
- 2Cook over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly, making sure you stir constantly. Reduce heat to low-medium.
- 3Stir in the garlic powder, nutmeg and parmesan. Simmer 1-2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the spinach. (If you are using for pasta sauce, you may have to warm up the sauce).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sauce With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.9
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.1 mg
- Sodium 262.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper