1/1 Photo of White Sauce or Cheddar White Sauce
For use in my Vegetable Melange Au Gratin recipe (#111644). Great for vegetables, omelets, souffles. For a richer white sauce, substitute light cream for milk, omitting salt. Can be made thinner for soups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat, blend in flour, salt and dash white pepper (black is fine).
- 2Add milk all at once, cooking quickly, stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- 3Remove sauce immediately upon bubbling.
- 4CHEDDAR SAUCE add 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (makes 1 1/2 cups).
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sauce or Cheddar White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 95.2 mg
- Sodium 864.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 9.8 g