Recipe by Ripley~Rules
From the Mary Margaret McBride Encyclopedia of Cooking. Edited by the Homemakers Research Institute, 1958
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine with pastry blender until it is the consistency of coarse corn meal.
- Store in airtight jars in refrigerator.
- Makes about 2 quarts medium sauce.
- TO USE:.
- Measure mix into sauce pan; add water and cook until thickened, adding seasonings as desired.
- For each 1 cup water, use:.
- Thin sauce: 1/4 c mix.
- Medium sauce: 1/2 c mix.
- Thick sauce: 3/4 c mix.