Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
No cooking required! A simple sauce for cooked meat. The original recipe uses a teaspoon of garum, an ancient fish sauce. I left that out.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 small onions or 1 large onion
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1 cup wine, spiced (conditum)
- 1 cup dry white wine (both wines can be replaced with vermouth)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Remove crust from bread and soak the remainder in wine.
- Chop pine nuts and onion.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over cooked meat.