Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A white sauce for people lactose intolerant.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan.
- Add flour, and blend well.
- Slowly pour in 1 ½ cups bouillon, stir constantly, and add salt and pepper.
- When the mixture just boils, blend 2 tbs of hot sauce with egg yolk and add this mixture to sauce.
- Stir constantly.
- Add more bouillon if necessary to thin to desired consistency.
I make this all the time as a sub. for those cream of ... soups. I omit the egg however. You can also saute mushrooms to make a cream of mushroom version.