This is a creation of my own that resulted from too much white sauce when I made another recipe from here. So, I played around with what I had in the house and came up with this tasty meal. It actually uses imitation crabmeat instead of real crab. It's very mild, so feel free to spice it up if you prefer.
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the clam juice, cream and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir in the imitation crab and cream sauce.
- Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley if desired.