Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a creation of my own that resulted from too much white sauce when I made another recipe from here. So, I played around with what I had in the house and came up with this tasty meal. It actually uses imitation crabmeat instead of real crab. It's very mild, so feel free to spice it up if you prefer.
- 8 ounces penne (any pasta may be used)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces clam juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup imitation crabmeat
- cilantro (optional) or parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring often until softened, for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the clam juice, cream and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir in the imitation crab and cream sauce.
- Toss to combine all the ingredients.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley if desired.
This is an Excellent Recipe! I did use fresh parsley for garnish as you suggested and put some parmesian cheese as a topping and it was Fabulouso ! Thanks for sharing!
This is just what I'm looking for! My daughter loves crab and I'm having a baby shower for her next week.
I wanted to make a creamy pasta with crab and this looks perfect. I am going to use lump crab and add some sundried tomatoes and asparagus but I think it will be fine. The clam juice is perfect to pump up the seafood flavor.
Thanks for the recipe. I'll let you know how everyone likes it.
We enjoyed this very much. I used bow tie pasta, but made no other changes. It is mild, but in a good way. It's a great way to dress up imitation crab. I used the optional cilantro and (although it was dried) it was a wonderful addition! I recommend using it. I'll use this recipe again. Thanx for posting it.