1 hr 20 mins
A different but tasty spin on lasagne. This recipe is delicious. It's easy to prepare, with the convenience of using ingredients readily available in your pantry. I found the recipe on the internet originally, and have made several changes to suit our tastes. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling over the top once lasagna is assembled)
- fresh parsley
- salt (I don’t add any salt, as the soup is already quite salty)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- 3Add lasagna noodles to boiling water and place lid tightly back on the pot, immediately turn heat off, don’t open the pot for another 10-15 minutes (this produces perfect al dente pasta every time), Drain, and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 4While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently.
- 5In a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sautéed onions and garlic mixture, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, pepper, poultry seasoning, and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, and all of the cubed chicken.
- 6In a 9x13 inch casserole dish start layering as follows: place 3 cooked lasagna noodles at bottom of dish, and spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the chicken mixture.
- 7Create another layer by repeating above step.
- 8Use last 3 noodles to cover the second layer, and spread the entire top of the lasagna with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- 9When the layering is completed, cover with aluminum foil, making certain that the foil is not touching the top of the lasagna, and bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degree F (175 degrees C)
- 10Remove foil and continue baking, for another 15-20 minutes or until cheesee browns nicely.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving, so lasagna can set as cheese cools (I usually let it set overnight, to allow for easier cutting).
- 12Sprinkle parsley over dish before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sauce Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 50.4 mg
- Sodium 607.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g