Recipe by Fofi
A different but tasty spin on lasagne. This recipe is delicious. It's easy to prepare, with the convenience of using ingredients readily available in your pantry. I found the recipe on the internet originally, and have made several changes to suit our tastes. Hope you enjoy it.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling over the top once lasagna is assembled)
- fresh parsley
- salt (I don’t add any salt, as the soup is already quite salty)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil.
- Add lasagna noodles to boiling water and place lid tightly back on the pot, immediately turn heat off, don’t open the pot for another 10-15 minutes (this produces perfect al dente pasta every time), Drain, and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, melt the butter in a large saucepan over low to medium heat and cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, sautéed onions and garlic mixture, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, pepper, poultry seasoning, and 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese, and all of the cubed chicken.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish start layering as follows: place 3 cooked lasagna noodles at bottom of dish, and spread half of the chicken mixture over the noodles, sprinkle 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup of mozzarella over the chicken mixture.
- Create another layer by repeating above step.
- Use last 3 noodles to cover the second layer, and spread the entire top of the lasagna with the remaining 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella and remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- When the layering is completed, cover with aluminum foil, making certain that the foil is not touching the top of the lasagna, and bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degree F (175 degrees C)
- Remove foil and continue baking, for another 15-20 minutes or until cheesee browns nicely.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving, so lasagna can set as cheese cools (I usually let it set overnight, to allow for easier cutting).
- Sprinkle parsley over dish before serving.