These are great for OAMC. Take these out of freezer and use them to make a white sauce or a cheese sauce.. You can add anything you would like to your basic cheese sauce and you can have a quick dinner in just minutes. I use more salt but that is a personal preference so be sure to taste your sauce and adjust salt to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. Using mixer or food processor add butter to the flour mixture and pulse or mix until mixture is smooth.
- 2Drop by heaping tablespoons onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet.
- 3Place into freezer until balls are frozen.
- 4Remove from freezer and place into freezer bags label and store in freezer for up to 6 months. Recipe makes 28 Butter Balls.
- 5To make a white Sauce:.
- 6In a small saucepan combine butter balls (slightly thawed for a few minutes)and 1 cup milk.
- 7Use a whisk to crush the butter ball.
- 8Stir constantly over medium heat until mixture is smooth ans slightly thickened.
- 9This will make about 1 cup of white sauce.
- 10Thin Sauce: use 1 Butter Ball.
- 11Medium Sauce: use 2 Butter Balls.
- 12Thick Sauce: use 3 Butter Balls.
- 13Creamy Rich Sauce: Substitute heavy cream for the Milk.
- 14Cheese Sauce: Add 1 cup Cheddar Cheese to a medium sauce and stir until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sauce-Butter Balls
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 259.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g