Recipe by daisygrl64
Pol Martin Cookbook: Easy Cooking for Today Please Note: Pol Martins recipes often refers to "white sauce" this is what you want to use. Maybe makes 2 cups of sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk, hot
- nutmeg, pinch of
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- heat butter in saucepan, when hot, mix in flour and cook 1 minute over medium heat.
- incorporate half of the milk and whisk well.
- add remaining milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper, stir well.
- bring sauce to a boil, cook 10-12 minutes over low heat, stirring several times during cooking.
- remove saucepan from heat.
- use sauce as required (other Pol Martin) recipes.