Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Coating White Sauce
Make and share this White Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat.
- Add flour and beat until smooth, remove from the heat.
- Add milk, a little at a time, and beat well.
- Bring to the boil and cook gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring all the time. This completes the cooking of the starch in the flour.
- Rich White Sauce: Add an extra 2 oz butter to the completed sauce after it has cooled slightly.
This was so easy and so yummy! I used it to make Ailsa's cheesy cauliflower. Great sauce here and I'll continue to try it on a number of other dishes.
You have got this recipe down. Great! A basic sauce that you can dress up with cheese, or with herbs or spices
Perfect white sauce, the amounts given were just right. This made a lovely smooth white sauce, just right for making a creamy cheese sauce out of it! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2007