Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spanish whites such as albarino or Rueda work well in this sangria. Sauvignon blanc and pinot grigio will work also. Try not to use wines that are too heavily oaked such as California chardonnay
- 2 liters dry white wine
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced into rings
- 1 lemon, sliced into rings
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 4 ounces brandy (or rum, grand marnier or other citrus brandy work best)
- 1 (20 ounce) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage (or club soda)
- ice, plenty of
- Crush mint to bring out its flavor.
- Combine all ingredients in large pitcher and serve.
This was a wonderful, easy to prepare drink that gained more flavour as the meal went on. Thanks Witch Doctor for inspiring me to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this recipe.