Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
I searched and didn't find another quite like this so I am posting it. It comes from Smoothies and Summer Drinks.
Top Review by loof
I just loved this sangria - so refreshing and sweet! Don't rush this one - it definitely needs the 2-3 hours to chill and for the flavors to blend - but it is well worth the wait. This was a delightful way to cool down a warm Texas evening - thanks for sharing!
- 2 oranges, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 lemons, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 bottles dry fruity wine (such as pinot grigio)
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 3 ripe peaches, pit removed and cut into wedges
- 2 cups ice cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oranges and lemon slices in a large punch bowl.
- Pour sugar over slices and with a wooden spoon lightly mash together until sugar dissolves and fruit begins to break down.
- Stir in wine, schnapps and peach wedges.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 10.
- Add ice cubes just before serving.