Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I searched and didn't find another quite like this so I am posting it. It comes from Smoothies and Summer Drinks.
- Place oranges and lemon slices in a large punch bowl.
- Pour sugar over slices and with a wooden spoon lightly mash together until sugar dissolves and fruit begins to break down.
- Stir in wine, schnapps and peach wedges.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 10.
- Add ice cubes just before serving.
I just loved this sangria - so refreshing and sweet! Don't rush this one - it definitely needs the 2-3 hours to chill and for the flavors to blend - but it is well worth the wait. This was a delightful way to cool down a warm Texas evening - thanks for sharing!
This is a hit!!! I made it for a dinner party and it was gone really quickly (only 4 people). You might want to double it. I saved the fruit and covered it with diet ginger ale several times, and when that was gone, I added the lemons to a pitcher of ice tea. I plan to eat the oranges and peaches. It goes on forever.....Everyone wanted the recipe!
This sangria is SO refreshing and yummy, and it was such a HOT day, that I quickly downed two wine full glasses. Next time I will savor it more slowly, as I discovered that it is quite potent! I cannot wait to make it again; it is not only delicious but it's very pretty, making it perfect for parties. This is going in my Favorites file - thanks!