1/2 Photos of White Sandwich Bread
Chef Fancy Nancy's Note:
My mother-in-law always made this bread and gave me the recipe. It makes a soft, moist, fluffy sandwich bread. It makes two 5"X9" loaves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat first three ingredients to 120ºF-130ºF.
- 2Using only 2 cups of the flour, gradually add the rest of the ingredients. Beat two minutes with an electric mixer.
- 3Add 1 cup of flour or enough to make a thick batter. Beat another 2 minutes.
- 4Add more flour to make a soft dough.
- 5Knead 8-10 minutes.
- 6Form into loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled.
- 7Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Sandwich Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1592.2
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 39.0 mg
- Sodium 1869.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 309.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 42.5 g