Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This is amazing. It really is very simple if you don't mind the freezing and chilling time.
Top Review by russianbluerussian1
The problem with alcohol is , it does not freeze by itself., so I would recommend to mix your chocolate and kahlua together in the double boiler then proceed as you would normally with this recipe, doing it this way you should have no problem with them setting up.This is a old trick that was taught to me while working for fanny farmer candies.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs milk chocolate, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop 1 pound of chocolate; melt in double boiler to 120 degrees.
- Measure cream into a 3-quart saucepan. Bring just to the boil. Remove from heat; cool to 120°.
- Add chocolate to cooled cream; stir until mixture is smooth.
- Stir Kahlua into chocolate, mixing well; scrape onto a baking sheet. Chill until firm.
- Finely grate remaining chocolate (easiest way is using grater blade of a food processor). Remove filling from refrigeration; form into small rough balls.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper and roll truffles in grated chocolate; press gently to adhere.
- Chill overnight. Remove from refrigeration 15 minutes before serving.
- Please make note, these truffles do not hold well at room temperature.