Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Elegant enough for company!
- 1⁄2 cup ground coffee beans
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (regular, reduced-fat, fat-free)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 24 lady finger cookies (2 packages 3 oz each)
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- Place ground coffee in coffee filter and add cold water to coffee maker and brew to make 1/2 cups. Combine brewed coffee and 2 Tbsp jahlua in a shallow dish, cool. Combine cheeses in a large bowl.
- Beat with mixer at high speed till smooth. Add 2 tbsp Kahlua and sugars, beat until well blended.
- Split ladyfingers in half lengthwise, quickly dip 24 fnger halves, flat sides down, into bottom of 8" sq pan (halves will slightly overlap)spread half the cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- sprinkle with 1 tsp cocoa. Repeat procedure with remaining ladyfinger halves, coffee mixture, cheese mixture and 1 tsp cocoa. Place a toothpick in each corner of dish and 1 in center of triamisu to prevent plactic wrap from sticking)cover with plastic and chill for 2 hours.
I haven't made it yet but it looks delicious! I added the colories for the mascarpone cheese so its actually 220 cal per serving. Which is still pretty low calorie for my favorite dessert.
This is so good! Easy, creamy, light and delicious. Can lighten by using fat-free cream cheese and, if desired, sub regular-fat cream cheese for mascarpone. I was searching to post and am glad to find it here already! Thanks, Shirl!