Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A rich and creamy sorbet, inspired from the classic drink. Spoon into frozen glass coffee cups or mugs, and top with a few coffee beans (bonus points given for using chocolate-covered coffee beans). From Bon Appetit, 1996.
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- coffee beans
- Place water& sugar over medium heat in saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Add espresso powder and stir.
- Pour into medium bowl; mix in corn syrup, whipping cream, vodka and Kahlua.
- Refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker, and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- Transfer to another container, and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.