Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this on Epicurious. Such a nice marriage between a grown-up drink and a dessert!
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (or instant coffee)
- 1 tablespoon dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans
- Stir water and sugar in heavy medium sauce pan over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat and bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add espresso powder and stir to dissolve. Pour into medium bowl. Mix in corn syrup, then whipping cream, vodka and Kahlúa. Refrigerate mixture until cold, about 2 hours.
- Transfer sorbet mixture to ice cream maker; process according to manufacturer's instructions. Transfer sorbet to container; cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. (Can be made 2 days ahead.).
- Put 4 coffee cups in freezer for 30 minutes. Scoop sorbet into cold cups. Garnish with coffee beans and serve immediately.
Oh my gosh, this is good. It made a perfect cool down dessert tonight after a meal of a delicious hot soup. I'm surprised that I'm the first to review this with so many coffee lovers around. The ice cream maker produced a perfectly smooth and almost heavenly sorbet that I'll most certainly make again. :D