Recipe by Boomette
Because of the ZWT4 I'm a new owner of an ice cream maker. In a month or less, I tried 4 recipes so far. But some of them, I made half batches. That way, I can try more LOL This one from Rachael Ray looks amazing. You know me, when there's booze, it's even better LOL (A note from Rachael Ray : Think twice before serving this to children, the alcohol doesn't cook off.)
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 5 large egg yolks, beaten
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, chilled
- 29.58 ml coffee liqueur, chilled
- 29.58 ml vodka, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, cook the milk, sugar and salt over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes (do not let the milk boil).
- Slowly pour one-half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring and scraping with a heatproof spatula, until thick enough to coat the spatula, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a metal bowl. Stir in the heavy cream. Refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours.
- Stir the coffee liqueur and vodka into the ice cream base. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.