Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Because of the ZWT4 I'm a new owner of an ice cream maker. In a month or less, I tried 4 recipes so far. But some of them, I made half batches. That way, I can try more LOL This one from Rachael Ray looks amazing. You know me, when there's booze, it's even better LOL (A note from Rachael Ray : Think twice before serving this to children, the alcohol doesn't cook off.)
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 0.25 ml salt
- 5 large egg yolks, beaten
- 473.18 ml heavy cream, chilled
- 29.58 ml coffee liqueur, chilled
- 29.58 ml vodka, chilled
- In a small saucepan, cook the milk, sugar and salt over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes (do not let the milk boil).
- Slowly pour one-half of the hot milk mixture into the eggs, whisking. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring and scraping with a heatproof spatula, until thick enough to coat the spatula, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a metal bowl. Stir in the heavy cream. Refrigerate until cool, about 2 hours.
- Stir the coffee liqueur and vodka into the ice cream base. Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Wonderful ice cream recipe!!! Will be making this one again. It turned out perfect and can't wait to make for company!! Thanks for sharing this one.
Delicious! Made as directed, wouldn't change a thing! Thanks, Boomette! Made for Bevy Tag.
I knew I'd love this! White Russians are one of my favorite drinks so I knew I couldn't go wrong with this ice cream. It is delicious! Thanks for sharing!