1/1 Photo of White Russian Cupcakes
caffeine junkie's Note:
I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds amazing! But these cupcakes aren't for kids, as the whipped cream topping is spiked with Kahlua. Make sure the cake mix is plain, not the ones with pudding added in the mix. From Cupcakes! from the Cake Mix Doctor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 1/2 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup Kahlua, plus
- 2 teaspoons Kahlua, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F and line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- 3Place cake mix, pudding mix, oil, milk, eggs, vodka, 1/4 cup Kahlua, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed.
- 5Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it three quarters of the way full. (Remove empty liners if you don't get the full 24 cupcakes).
- 6Bake until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, about 17-20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes. Brush the tops of the cupcakes with remaining 2 tablespoons Kahlua.
- 8Remove cupcakes from pans. Place on wire rack to cool.
- 10Place a large, clean mixing bowl and electric mixer beaters int he freezer to chill for 1 minute. Remove the bowl and beaters from the freezer.
- 11Pour the heavy cream into the bowl and beat with electric mixer on high speed until the cream has thickened, 1 1/2 minutes.
- 12Stop the machine and add the sugar and 1 tablespoon Kahlua.
- 13Beat the cream on high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 more minutes.
- 14Place a heaping tablespoon of the whipped cream on each cupcake and swirl to spread it out with a short metal spatula or spoon, taking care to cover tops completely.
- 15Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Russian Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.4
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 240.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.7 g