Recipe by Cecily Parsley
Great addition to holiday season cookie/bar trays - for adults only. One caveat: read through the instructions completely before starting, It's easy to mess up the sequencing. "Measure twice, cut once." : ) Originally from AllRecipes.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Kahlua or 3⁄4 cup Tia Maria
- 1 lb cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 9 " baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, cream 1 1/4 cups of sugar and 4 tbsp of butter. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Stir in half of the Kahlua. Sift together 1 cup of flour, cocoa poweder, and salt. stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Spread half of this mixture evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- In another bowl, stir together the 1/4 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Add softened cream cheese and mix well. Stir in one egg and the vodka. Mix until smooth. Spread this evenly over the chocolate layer. Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over top of this. You can make a pattern of stripes or swirl the chocolate with a toothpick.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven. When brownies are cool, brush with the remaining 1/4 cup of Kahlua. .