Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are best after they have mellowed a day or two in the refrigerator. They keep well, but you may have to hide them!!
- 1 cup ground blanched almonds or 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup sifted icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1⁄4 cup white rum or 1⁄4 light rum
- desiccated coconut or chopped blanched nuts or cocoa or chocolate sprinkles
- With an electric mixer or spoon, beat nuts, icing sugar, butter and rum together thoroughly.
- Chill until firm enough to shape.
- Roll into 1 inch balls For a white coating, roll in desiccated coconut, or very finely chopped blanched nuts.
- For a dark coating, roll on cocoa or chocolate sprinkles.
Goody! Bit on a buttery side, but very yummy!
wow!!! This recipe is amazing. I used ground blanched almonds. I know the recipe asks for white rum but I used dark rum from Cuba. The taste is unbelievable. I rolled them in cocoa. The taste of rum is really strong and we liked it. Thanks Lezlie :) Made for Holiday tag game