- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup consomme, hot and beef or 1 cup chicken
- 1 cup white wine, dry and hot
- swiss cheese or parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Cook the onion in the butter until it is soft. Stir in the rice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the rice is opaque.
- Add the hot consomme, the wine, and the salt and pepper to taste. Cover tightly. Simmer over the lowest possible heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender but firm.
- Serve with grated cheese.
- NOTE: one cup of peas can be added to the rice when it is half way done.