1/1 Photo of White Rice
I love white rice! But it can be tricky to prepare. If you've never made it before or have tried to make it and it just doesn't come out right (under cooked or clumpy and/or mushy). I've got the recipe for you! Follow these simple steps and you will be a white rice expert like me (or so I like to think). Note: For best results, cook rice in a caldero pot. But if you don't have one, don't get discouraged! Make this recipe either way. It will still be delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat caldero pot or any other lg. pot on medium heat.
- 2In the meantime wash rice several times with cold water and drain well.
- 3Add canola oil, rice and salt to pot. Cook for 1 minute stirring once.
- 4Add water, bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- 5When the rice has absorbed almost all of the water (should take about 10 minutes), give it a final stir and pile the rice in a mountain in the center of the pot to avoid the rice from sticking to the sides.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover with aluminum foil and lid. DO NOT TOUCH for 20 minutes.
- 7After 20 minutes, stir the rice bringing the bottom rice to the top. Cover again and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8Perfect white rice!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Rice
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 964.5
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1766.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 184.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 16.4 g