Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I can eat rice everyday. I seem to have better results with these directions. Not sure where I got it.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Turn heat down to medium simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- You have the option of rinsing the rice or not. I personally like to rinse my rice in cold water to remove some of the starch.
- Rinse again in hot water, drain and serve.
A good basic recipe. Made skipping the rinse step as we like our food hot from cooking. Served with Asian Infused Soy Sauce. Australian/NZ swap #33
Great basic recipe! I like to add a little garlic powder and a little onion powder I also only use 1 1/2 cup water but two cups works well also (some people like their rice a little stickier.) Thanx for posting!
Excellent rice and perfect way to make it. Most rice recipes give too much water and the rice comes out mushy. I used butter for the oil and only 1 1/2 cup of water and it turned out perfect. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 2007