Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
Helen's recipe has a story: I used a recipe that was in mom's cookbook and added my own rhubarb and left out some other stuff and did a lot of other stuff. then I tested it out on the girls at work." My note: must have worked. She won the contest.
- Cake: Mix sugar and butter.
- Then add flour, baking powder and milk. Mix until blended smooth.
- Beat egg whites until firm, light and fluffy.
- Stir in rhubarb into batter. Then add egg whites last. Pour into 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake 350°F for 45 minutes. Cool cake. Ice.
- Icing: Combine milk and flour and cook like cream sauce. Let cool. Cream margarine and sugar and vanilla until dissolved and then add milk and flour mix and beat until it stands on a peak. Spread on cake and then put in a refrigerator for a while. Then icing will firm.