Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet white potato pie from the Phila. Inquirer
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed potatoes, unseasoned
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk, plus
- 2 ounces whole milk
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- Mix sugar, vanilla, lemon extract and milk with warm potatoes.
- Fold in eggs.
- Spread mixture in pie crust and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees until knife comes out clean.