A great Williams-Sonoma recipe. Instead of the store-bought pizza crust, feel free to use a homemade one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons semolina flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly-ground
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust (thin-crust)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces pancetta, cooked, broken into pieces
- 2 -2 1/2 lbs littleneck clams or 2 -2 1/2 lbs steamer clams, shucked, drained and roughly chopped
- 1Prepare grill for indirect grilling over medium-high heat.
- 2Preheat pizza stone at least 30 minutes (to about 500 degrees F).
- 3In small frying pan over medium-low heat, warm oil.
- 4Add garlic; cook 2-3 minutes.
- 5Transfer oil to bowl.
- 6Combine semolina flour, salt, and pepper.
- 7Dust pizza peel with 1-2 tbs. semolina mixture.
- 8Stretch out half of dough into 10-12" round; lay on peel.
- 9Spread 1-2 TB garlic oil over dough, leaving 1/2" border.
- 10Sprinkle with half of rosemary, parsley, cheese, pancetta, and clams.
- 11Carefully slide pizza onto stone.
- 12Cover grill; cook 5-7 minutes.
- 13Turn pizza 180 degrees.
- 14Cook, covered, until crust is golden, 5-7 minutes.
- 15Using peel, transfer pizza to cutting board; cover with foil.
- 16Repeat for second pizza.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Pizza With Clams & Pancetta
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 121.9 mg
- Sodium 774.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: