Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 mins
We made this last night and it really was yummy! Very light so the side salad was perfect.
Make and share this White Pizza--Chicken and Mushroom Thin Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 ounce dry active yeast (typical envelope package size)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 10 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded asiago cheese
- cornmeal, for dusting
- flour, for dusting
- In a food processor combine the warm water, yeast and sugar.
- Let proof for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 T's olive oil and salt.
- Pulse for 2-3 times.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time, pulsing to combine.
- Dough should form a ball and be thumping around your processor.
- Place 1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured counter and give it a few turns to form a ball.
- Place in bowl with the oil and turn a few times to coat.
- Cover with a towel and place in a warm spot to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven with pizza stone to 450 degrees.
- In a heavy skillet add the 2 T's canola oil and over medium heat saute the chicken breasts, turning once.
- After 15 minutes remove chicken to a cutting board and slice thin.
- Return to skillet and finish cooking, until meat is no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon remove chicken to cutting board and chop well.
- In a medium bowl combine 3 T's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, garlic powder and salt.
- Add chicken and toss well.
- Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine remaining Extra Virgin Olive Oil, butter and minced garlic.
- Puree to a paste.
- Slice mushrooms to desired thickness.
- *Remove dough from bowl and divide.
- Lightly flour your counter and roll out dough using a rolling pin to very thin (as in I know I cant get it any thinner).
- Carefully remove stone from oven and place on it's rack.
- Turn heat up to 500 degrees.
- Using your rolling pin roll crust onto pin, unroll over hot stone.
- Cover dough with your garlic paste.
- Sprinkle on cooked chicken and sliced mushrooms.
- Top with mozzarella, then asiago.
- Carefully place stone back into oven on middle rack.
- Bake pizza for about 8 minutes, or until desired brownness is reached.
- 8 minutes gave us a nicely browned crust that was crisp.
- Serve Hot.
- *This Recipe makes one complete pizza. Freeze remaining dough for another night, or make another pizza.
- Cooking time reflects time to bake pizza.
I have never made a pizza before and wanted to make a more traditional 'deluxe' pizza for DH so I can only rate the crust. The whole recipe as written will have to wait until I start making individual pizzas. Anyway... the crust turned out beautifully. I was mixing and stressing and ended up putting all 3 Tbsp of oil in to the dough. No worries though as this rolled out super thin and with a crisp crust. DH gives it a 10. I'll stick to five. Thanks for making me look so good with my first attempt!