Recipe by Jules211
I was looking for a white pizza recipe and couldn't find just what i was looking for. We used to get the best white pizza from a place on the west side of buffalo, ny "la nova" (1 of the best pizza places). When i couldn't find it i was on a mission and this is what i came up with. As with all my recipes adjust to your own liking. The seasoning are as close as i can get. I you are making your own dough plan ahead.
- 1 (12 -16 inch) prepared pizza crust, store bought (or homemade )
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (more may be needed)
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste (to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (jarred is fine)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (i used 1/2 fresh motz)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar artichokes, drained and rough chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- *If using home made dough do this a head of time allowing the needed time.
- Slice onions and carmelize; add garlic and anchovy paste or anchovies 1/2 thru cooking about 5 minutes into cooking you want to add the Italian seasoning now.
- You don't want garlic to burn.
- Pre heat oven to 425.
- *Prepare dough for pan.
- Top your dough with the onion mixture.
- Top with your cheese.
- Top with the tomatoes and artichokes.
- Sprinkle with the parm cheese.
- If it seems on the dry side drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Pour a glass of wine and enjoy!