Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds wonderful, and I'm sure it will be a hit with my veggie SO.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup pre shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 italian cheese flavored Boboli pizza crust
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup thinly sliced plum tomato
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Spread cheese mixture over pizza crust, leaving 1/2 inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle with basil and the next 6 ingredients (basil through garlic powder).
- Arrange plum tomato slices in a single layer on top.
- Place pizza on baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Remove pizza to cutting board; cut into 6 slices.
So so so good! I made my own crust and prebaked it for 10 minutes. Didn't put any crushed red pepper on it. Really great!
Hubby & I loved this. I used a pizza crust I made myself, and used vine ripened tomato instead of plum. I also didn't have any garlic powder or garlic, so I skipped that ingredient. Still it was a great meal, and really easy. We will keep this recipe on hand to make again. Thanks for posting it.
I made many changes to this recipe based on what I had available but I'd like to think I stayed somewhat true to the recipe :-) I used fat free cottage cheese for the ricotta, a slice of whole wheat bread for the "crust" & omitted the pepper flakes & tomato. I "played" with some Italian seasonings I had in my spice rack & baked it in my toaster oven for 10 min at 400. It was so good--cheesy, flavorful & healthy. Thanks so much for sharing this; another great pizza!