Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
A different type of cheese pizza - The perfect pizza for cheese lovers. My Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough #111650 is a perfect match for this pizza and is the ONLY crust I use when making this pizza. Note: I have been making this pizza for so long I don't measure the cottage cheese - I think I use closer to 1 cup.
Top Review by princessbride029
Yummy! I didn't follow exactly, due to what I had on hand. I used fat free ricotta instead of cottage cheese, and subbed basil and a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes for the herbs. Also had to use garlic powder, as I had no fresh garlic. Made it on a whole wheat pita/flat bread - STILL turned out completely delicious! I will definitely make this again.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 whole ready to bake pizza dough (OR Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough recipe 111650)
- 5 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Brush garlic oil mixture over dough leaving 1/2" of outer dough uncovered.
- Sprinkle oiled surface of dough with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Combine parmesan, parsley, and oregano.
- Remove pizza from oven and drop cottage cheese by 8 rounded piles in a circular pattern onto pizza.
- Sprinkle with parmesan mixture.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes at 400°F.