Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different type of cheese pizza - The perfect pizza for cheese lovers. My Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough #111650 is a perfect match for this pizza and is the ONLY crust I use when making this pizza. Note: I have been making this pizza for so long I don't measure the cottage cheese - I think I use closer to 1 cup.
- Heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Brush garlic oil mixture over dough leaving 1/2" of outer dough uncovered.
- Sprinkle oiled surface of dough with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Combine parmesan, parsley, and oregano.
- Remove pizza from oven and drop cottage cheese by 8 rounded piles in a circular pattern onto pizza.
- Sprinkle with parmesan mixture.
- Bake 10- 15 minutes at 400°F.
Yummy! I didn't follow exactly, due to what I had on hand. I used fat free ricotta instead of cottage cheese, and subbed basil and a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes for the herbs. Also had to use garlic powder, as I had no fresh garlic. Made it on a whole wheat pita/flat bread - STILL turned out completely delicious! I will definitely make this again.
I made the dough in my food processor and it came together quickly. Even though I prefer regular pizza crust (with yeast)I thought this was very tasty. I liked including some wheat flour and the crunch of the corn meal. This pizza does slice nicely and is good the next day. Roxygirl
I followed this recipe pretty closely and it was excellent. I did...of course...modify it for what I had available. I used a Trader Joe's herbed garlic pizza dough. I substituted ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese, and I also added black olives and pepperoni as toppings. It was very good and is definitely on my "make-again" list.