Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied citron peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour with powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed,.
- beat eggs and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add citron and lemon peel, beat with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Add flour mixture.
- Beating with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set but not brown.
- Remove and cool completely on rack.
- Before serving, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.