Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven't tried this one yet, but wanted to post it to save for Christmas. Vanilla should be 2 teaspoons, but it would not show up on the list of ingredients when I reviewed the recipe! The yield doesn't sound right to me on this, but I listed it as the recipe did.
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, cut into small pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- Line a 9 inch square pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1/2 tablespoon butter and set aside. Butter the sides of a large, heavy sauce pan with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Cut remaining butter into small pieces and place in a large heat-proof bowl; add marshmallows and set aside.
- In the buttered saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cover and cook for 2 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals. Uncover; cook over medium heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 234(soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat. Pour over butter and marshmallows; stir until melted. Add the chocolate. Continue stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Lift out of pan; remove foil and cut into 1 inch squares. Store in airtight container at room temperature.