Recipe by MeliBug
This recipe is from Nobu! They opened one here in san diego and I had fruity sake for dessert and just could not sleep until I found the recipe! So here it is!!!! This is the recipe for the White Peach Sake but you can substitute the peach for cherries, passion fruit, melons, berries, or other flavors for different flavored sake!
- 3 large ripe white peaches
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 tahitian vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3⁄4 pint sake (Hokusetsu honjozo grade)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash peaches. Do NOT peel. Cut into halves or thirds.
- In large saucepan, heat water, sugar, vanilla bean, and cinnamon stick over medium heat. Wait till it begins to boil and add the peaches and their stones (im not sure but i think this is the pit). Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the peaches and discard their stones. Puree peaches in food processor. Strain puree and contents in saucepan through a sieve.
- Return strained peach mixture to saucepan and continue to boil over medium heat until mixture is reduced to 1/3. Cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine the peach mixture and sake. Add lemon juice to taste.
- Pour sake into tall lipped jug or a similar container with spout and handle. It is recommended to drink cooled so you can stick it in the fridge if you prefer! Try other fruits using this recipe! :D.