Recipe by ChrisF
This pound cake is adapted from a Taste of Home recipe. I use fresh white peaches even though you can use any type fresh or frozen peach. I acheived a better flavor when the peaches were a bit under ripe. I also did not peel them. The cake is moist and just powdered sugar, no icing is enough for a special desert. My co-workers requested this cake again this year when the peaches were in season, I had to make 2 one for work and another for home.
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups diced fresh white peaches
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the batter alternately with sour cream.
- Fold in the peaches.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350 for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar if desired.