Recipe by Nana Lee
This was posted at another site by elaina253. Her comments are: "This is SO GOOD! The amaretto gives it this DISTINCT flavor that is UNFORGETTABLE! a cheesecake lovers must try! :)" The recipe calls for canned white peaches but I think if you have some very juicy fresh ones, they could be used. However, I would poach them to remove the skins.
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs
- 16 ounces white peaches, canned halves drained
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven at 450 degrees F.
- Beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Spread dough onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and flour, mixing at medium.
- speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add peaches and liqueur; mix well.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees, 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F; continue baking 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Chill.
- Garnish with toasted almond slices and additional peach slices, if desired.