The bases for this recipe is from Dori Sanders' Country Cooking;Easy Peach Cobbler. White Peaches are a favorite of mine for there delicate taste. I put these together one day when I didn't have enough peaches to make it and have never gone back to plain peach again! If you home grind your flour use hard or soft white wheat or a mixture.The batter bubbles up thru the fruit, just remember don't stir it together at any point.
- Melt butter into 13"X9"X2" baking pan.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, 1 cup of the sugar, baking powder, salt, and mix well. I add maybe a 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, a couple grates of nutmeg and some McCormick Orange Peel to this to give it a little more flavor than plain dough. Stir in the milk , don't over mix, just till combined. Pour this over the melted butter in the pan, DO NOT stir them together.
- In a sauce pan, add the peaches, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stir gently but constantly. After reach a boil pour the peaches over the butter and dough in the pan. Again DO NOT stir them together. Scatter the rasberries over the pan evenly.
- Cook at 375 for about 40-45 minutes, or untill top is golden brown.
- Best hot. Great with vanilla ice cream also.