Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- white pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- shrimp, cooked, shelled and deveined
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Slowly add the milk whisking continuously until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and boil for about 1 minute or until the sauce is as thick as you like. Add the salt, pepper and cheese. Stir.
- Add the pre-cooked shrimp.
- Serve over pasta.
- You can also add any other seafood that you like to this sauce or leave it out. I have also added chicken that was sauteed in garlic and olive oil.
- This recipe also doubles well.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over to garnish. Top with extra grated parmesan cheese. Jan.
This is simple and good. Also, important to note I already had the ingredients on hand. I used scallops instead and it was just as delicious. Thank you.
I put a lid on for about 6 minutes after I turned off the stove to help thicken it. I also added a about a tablespoon of flour.
I was really surprised at how great this came out! It was fantastic. I added some garlic powder to flavor it up a bit!