Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These cupcakes are perfect for a wedding shower or for anyone that just likes their cake white. They are extra pretty with white chocolate curls on top. You could also put regular chocolate curls on top for a pretty contrast.
- 24 paper cupcake liners, for cupcake pans
- 236.59 ml white chocolate chips
- 517.37 g packageplain white cake mix
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.32 ml unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 709.77 ml powdered sugar
- 44.37-59.16 ml milk
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 170.09-226.79 g bar white chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Line cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power until melted, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the cake mix, milk, oil, egg, egg whites, vanilla and melted white chocolate in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed with electrix mixer for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides; increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full and place in oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing cups from pans. Cool competely before frosting.
- To make frosting:.
- Place butter in a medium mixing bowl and blend at low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Add powdered sugar, milk and almond extract and blend on low speed until incorporated. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, one minute more. Add up to 1 tablespoon more milk if frosting seems too thick.
- To make chocolate curls:.
- Set bar of chocolate, flat side up, on counter for 1 hour at room temperature to soften.
- Drag a vegetable peeler across the bar toward you in long strokes to make curls. Use to garnish cupcakes.