Chris from Kansas's Note:
These cupcakes are perfect for a wedding shower or for anyone that just likes their cake white. They are extra pretty with white chocolate curls on top. You could also put regular chocolate curls on top for a pretty contrast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 paper cupcake liners, for cupcake pans
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package plain white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 -8 ounces bar white chocolate
- 1Heat oven to 350. Line cupcake cups with paper liners.
- 2Melt white chocolate chips in the microwave on 50% power until melted, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3Place the cake mix, milk, oil, egg, egg whites, vanilla and melted white chocolate in a large mixing bowl and blend on low speed with electrix mixer for 30 seconds.
- 4Scrape down sides; increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes more.
- 5Fill each cup 2/3 full and place in oven.
- 6Bake the cupcakes until they are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 17 to 20 minutes.
- 7Remove the pans from the oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before removing cups from pans. Cool competely before frosting.
- 8To make frosting:.
- 9Place butter in a medium mixing bowl and blend at low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- 10Add powdered sugar, milk and almond extract and blend on low speed until incorporated. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, one minute more. Add up to 1 tablespoon more milk if frosting seems too thick.
- 11To make chocolate curls:.
- 12Set bar of chocolate, flat side up, on counter for 1 hour at room temperature to soften.
- 13Drag a vegetable peeler across the bar toward you in long strokes to make curls. Use to garnish cupcakes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White on White Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (1879 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.4
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 172.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g