Can be used in Vegetable Melange Au Gratin, or over any side dish or omelet that would benefit from a lightly Cheddar, elegantly colored sauce. "Easy Method" listed below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in sauce pan over low heat, blend in flour, salt and dash white pepper (black is fine).
- 2Blend milk and soup in bowl.
- 3Add milk and soup all at once, cooking quickly, stirring constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- 4Remove sauce immediately upon bubbling.
- 5Add 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese.
- 6EASY METHOD: Combine 1 can soup, 1/3 cup milk; heat- Add 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese; stir until melted.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (724 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.8
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 1588.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 15.6 g