1/1 Photo of White Mountain Frosting
A wonderfully light, fluffy frosting that is sure to compliment any cake, from the pages of my Betty Crocker cookbook! Take a look at the variations too! (Prep time and cook time are guesstimates). for two 8-9" layers or one 13 x 9" cake
My Private Note
batch o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in small saucepan.
- 2Cover; heat to rolling boil over medium heat.
- 3Remove cover and boil rapidly, without stirring, to 242 F on candy thermometer.
- 4As mixture boils, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 5Pour hot syrup very slowly in a thin stream into the beaten egg whites, beating constantly on medium speed.
- 6Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 7Add vanilla during last minute of beating.
- 8VARIATIONS: Add 1/4 cup sifted cocoa for Cocoa Frosting, folding in till blended; for Lemon Frosting substitute 1 TBSP lemon juice for the vanilla and add 1/4 tsp.
- 9grated lemon peel and 10 drops of yellow food coloring; for Pink Mountain Frosting, sustitute maraschino cherry juice for the water; for Satiny Beige Frosting substitute brown sugar (packed) for the granulated sugar and decrease vanilla to 1/2 tsp.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Mountain Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 166.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 123.6 g
- Protein 7.2 g