Top Review by Teresa M
I tried this because DH doesn’t like the Marzetti coleslaw dressing they sell in the stores. Very creamy & fresh tasting, & right on the mark flavor-wise. The recipe said malt vinegar or cider vinegar, I used cider vinegar because that’s what I had. BTW, the 22 dashes of vinegar is 1-1/2 oz.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1⁄4 head red cabbage
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 8 fluid ounces sour cream
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 22 dashes malt vinegar or 22 dashes cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate cabbage.
- Add red onion and carrot; toss in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sour cream, sugar, mayonnaise, and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, taste, taste, taste.
- Add the mixture to the cabbage, toss well, refrigerate overnight or for several hours, and make sure it’s well and tightly covered.
- Serve very cold.