1/2 Photos of WHITE MOON CAKE - Three Layer
Description: A really beautiful looking cake. Nice contrast between the white cake and the deep Lemon yellow color frosting and nice lemony filling. This is a real treat for lemon lovers.
My Private Note
Three l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml sifted cake flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml other shortening
- 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten
For Moon Glow Lemon Frosting
- 1 fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 egg yolks, unbeaten
- 59.16 ml lemon juice
- 1064.65 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1For cake: Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 2Sift cake flour once, measure, add baking powder, salt, then sift together 3 times.
- 3Cream butter, add sugar gradually; Creaming together until light and fluffy.
- 4Add flour mixture, alternately with milk, a small amount at a time; Beat after each addition until smooth.
- 5Add vanilla, then fold in egg whites.
- 6Bake in 3, nine inch layer pans in preheated slow oven 325ºF for 15 minutes, then increase heat slightly to 350ºF and bake 15 minutes longer or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 7Cool cake completely on wire racks.
- 8Prepare Lemon pudding (Cooked not instant): In a medium size sauce pan mix contents of pudding box with 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- 9Stir in 2 egg yolks and an additional 2 cups water; Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full bubbling boil.
- 10Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes stirring twice then cool to room temperature.
- 11Fill cake with Lemon pudding between the layers and frost with Moon Glow Lemon Frosting.
- 12To make Moon Glow Lemon Frosting: Add lemon rind and juice to yolks; Mix and add sugar; Beat until smooth.
- 13Note: For those afraid of eating raw egg you can do this to make the egg yolks safe: In a heavy saucepan, stir together the egg yolks and liquid from the recipe (at least 2 tablespoons liquid per yolk); cook over very low heat, stirring constantly, until the yolk mixture coats a metal spoon with a thin film, bubbles at the edges or reaches 160 degrees F, as measured with an instant read thermometer. Immediately place the saucepan in ice water and stir until the yolk mixture is cool; proceed with the recipe.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for WHITE MOON CAKE - Three Layer
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 920.4
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 127.9 mg
- Sodium 523.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 181.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 129.0 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh lemon rind