Excellent for low-carb diets. No one believes the ingredients in this crust because it is not greasy, and you can pick it up in your hands and eat it like a dough crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (from a can, not fresh grated)
- 1 large egg
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degress. Prepare a baking sheet or pizza pan. (I cover a small baking sheet with aluminum foil then spray with cooking spray).
- 2Mix all of the crust ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Dump the mixture onto the prepared pan and spread in a very thin, even layer. The layer should be no more than 1/3 inch thick. Do not allow any bare spots. HINT: if you wet your hands to spread the meat mixture the meat doesn't stick and will spread easily.
- 3Bake the meat for 15-20 minutes, or until dry and lightly browned. The meat will shrink away from the edges of the pan a small amount,.
- 4Remove from oven and set aside.
- 5While the meat is baking, combine the sauce ingredients and mix well. Use as much milk as needed to make a spreadable saucem but not too thin.
- 6Spread the sauce over the still hot meat layer.
- 7Top with desired toppings such as shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach leaves, artichoke hearts, bell peppers, mushrooms, slices of chicken breast, onions, etc. to approximate a creamy chicken pizza.
- 8This crust is also great as a veggie pizza with pesto sauce. Blend pesto with as much olive oil as desired to make a spreadable sauce, then top with whatever cheese and veggies you choose. I like feta, olives, artichoke hearts, sun dried tomatoes.
- 9Return the meatza to the oven for a few minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese and heat the toppings through.
- 10Play with different types of sauces and toppings to suit your tastes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Meatza
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.6
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 250.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 26.3 g