1 hr 30 mins
Had these growing up all the time. The meatballs are meatless and very tasty. If you are Italian, you might have had this. If not, you should try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 5 -6 basil leaves, chopped fine
- 10 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil (or as needed)
- 1MEATBALLS: Mix all dry ingredients and make a well.
- 2Add eggs and mix well.
- 3This will be on the soft side.
- 4If it is too dry add water to make it soft.
- 5In a large frying pan, heat 3 tbs oil (add more oil as needed).
- 6Drop heaping tablespoons of meatball mixture in hot oil.
- 7Fry until golden brown.
- 8Put in a bowl after cooked.
- 9SOUP: In same frying you just used, fry potatoes in same oil.
- 10In large sauce pan/kettle, fry 1 chopped onion and clove garlic in 1 tbs oil.
- 11Add 1 qt cut up tomatoes.
- 12Add basil, salt& pepper.
- 13Cook about 15 minutes.
- 14Add 2 qt water, white meatballs and potatoes.
- 15Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 16You could add peas if you want during the last 15 minutes of cooking.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Meatball (meatless) Soup
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.8
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 286.3 mg
- Sodium 584.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 22.2 g