Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Family Circle.
- 3 ounces crusty French bread
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced crosswise
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 5 ounces spreadable herb cheese spread
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cut bread into cubes and spread evenly on a jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to boil.
- Add onion and pasta to pot and cook for 8 to 10 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the marscarpone, herb cheese, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and cayenne until well blended.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Drain the pasta and onion in a colander.
- Add pasta to cheese mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread pasta and cheese in baking dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until filling is bubbly.
- Remove to wire rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Very good mac n' cheese and a nice change from the traditional mac n' cheese we usually have. Thanks for sharing!