Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a wonderful recipe that will fill your house with it's smell as it bakes. One of the best kid pleasing recipes in the world too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter in the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until it smells slightly nutty.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella, monterey jack, 1/2 cup parmesan, pepper, salt, paprika, basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Pour over the elbow noodles and mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased square baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven or until bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serving Suggestions: Grilled steak, broccoli, boiled potatoes, fried chicken, and honey glazed ham.