This is a wonderful recipe that will fill your house with it's smell as it bakes. One of the best kid pleasing recipes in the world too. Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter in the olive oil over medium heat.
- 3Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until it smells slightly nutty.
- 4Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella, monterey jack, 1/2 cup parmesan, pepper, salt, paprika, basil, oregano, and parsley.
- 6Pour over the elbow noodles and mix until combined.
- 7Pour into a greased square baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes in the oven or until bubbling.
- 8Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- 9Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 10Serving Suggestions: Grilled steak, broccoli, boiled potatoes, fried chicken, and honey glazed ham.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.4
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 814.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 31.1 g