Montana Heart Song's Note:
This is very simple--flavored with chicken or vegetable base and using milk or soy milk, cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. You may also use other veggies when cooking the macaroni in addition to the listed veggies in the recipe--minced carrots, minced green peppers. This is a time saver and I use the drained water for a soup base later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml dry elbow macaroni
- 236.59-473.18 ml sliced fresh mushrooms (optional) or 1-2 canned mushroom (optional)
- 236.59 ml sliced diced white onion
- 118.29 ml margarine, and
- 4.92 ml margarine
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 7.39 ml sysco chicken base or 7.39 ml vegetable stock base
- 177.44 ml milk or 177.44 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 14.79 ml flour
- 7.39 ml water
- 591.47 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 slice white bread, toasted, broken in little cubes (optional)
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In two quarts of boiling water, add the dry macaroni. Also add the sliced mushrooms and diced onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 2Drain. Save the water if you wish for a vegetable base for soup.
- 3In large bowl, add cream cheese, chicken or vegetable base and 1 tsp margarine. Mix well.
- 4Then add milk and seasoning salt and pepper.
- 5Add cooked macaroni and onion and mushrooms.
- 6Toss until mixed.
- 7Mix flour and water. Add to macaroni.
- 8Add 1 1/2 cup cheese. Mix.
- 9Spray Pam in 8x10 or 9x13 glass pan. Preheat oven 350°.
- 10Melt half cup margarine. Add bread cubes.
- 11Pour macaroni cheese mixture in glass pan.
- 12Sprinkle the balance of mozzarella cheese on top.
- 13Add buttered bread cubes.
- 14Note: If you want to have meat in the dish,cook 8 slices of bacon,drained and cut in small pieces and add to macaroni before the buttered bread cubes.
- 15Bake 35 minutes. If refrigerated, bake about 10 minutes more.
- 16It is a very good dish to serve the following day. The flavors seem to intensify.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Mac & White Cheese With/Without Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 508.2
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 533.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: